Want to work in one of the most innovative high-tech French companies?
Want to join a young, dynamic and talented team in a fast-growing scale-up?
Kalray is the pioneer in processors for new intelligent systems. As a real technological discontinuity, “intelligent” processors have the capability to analyze on the fly and in an intelligent manner, a very large amount of information, and to make decisions and interact in real time with the outside world. These intelligent processors will be deployed extensively in fast-growing sectors such as new-generation networks (intelligent data centers) and autonomous vehicles, as well as healthcare equipment, drones and robots. Kalray’s offering encompasses both processors and complete solutions (electronic boards and software).
We are looking for a Chief Architect for the Data Center Business Unit.
Drive the technical direction and product roadmap of the Data Center Business Unit (BU):
- Help the product team define the roadmap through use-case analysis, focusing on the integration of Kalray’s solutions (processor, boards, software, tools) into various data Cloud, data centers and appliance contexts
- Interface with the BU development team, hardware R&D and software R&D teams
- Identify and support technology partners and complementors
Support the BU’s design-in activities:
- Present the company’s products and underlying technology to a highly technical customer base
- Drive the pre-sales and post-sales technical support for Kalray customer engagement
- Support the sales team for technical discussions with customer engineering teams
- Contribute to the technical portions of RFPs, RFQs and RFIs
- Contribute to proof-of-concept opportunities.
Interface with industry forum and standard bodies:
- Be the technical lead, industry expert and represent Kalray when/where appropriate in industry standard groups (NVM Express, SNIA, OCP, IEEE…)
- Contribute to open-source projects in the ecosystem (Linux, DPDK, SPDK, Open Stack, Kubernetes, OpenVSwitch…) and evangelize through community events
10-20% travel required (mostly in the US).
Skills & experience:
- 10+ years of experience in the storage / data center / networking industry
- 5+ years of experience as FAE and/or board-level application engineer, preferably with customer-facing experience
- Ability to translate high-level use cases into detailed technical requirements
- Superior knowledge of current and emerging data center & storage appliance architectures and related protocols and standards (FC, iSCSI, NAS, OSD, SAN, NVMe, NVMe-oF)
- Deep understanding of the architecture, design and implementations of virtualized infrastructures, including applications, management (OpenStack, Kubernetes…), in storage and ideally in networking (SDN/NFV)
- Recent hands-on development experience using Linux, C programming and high-performance userspace
- Understanding of distributed computing, multiprocessing, virtual memory subsystems, storage sub-system architecture, shared memory architectures, cache architectures, communications technologies such as RDMA, DPDK and SPDK
- Understanding of manycore/multicore chip architecture
- Excellent verbal and written interpersonal skills
- Fluent in English; fluent in French would be a plus
- Strong teamwork skills
Type of contract: Permanent /full-time
Location: Montbonnot (Grenoble area, France) or Los Altos, CA (USA)