Kalray (Euronext Growth Paris – FR0010722819 – ALKAL) is a fabless semiconductor company, pioneer in a new generation of processors for intelligent systems. MPPA® Intelligent processors are able to capture and analyze on the fly massive data flows, close to where they are generated, and interact in real time with the outside world. These processors are capable of running demanding AI algorithms and simultaneously a wide set of different processing and control tasks such as mathematical algorithms, signal processing, network or storage software stacks. Kalray’s Intelligent Processors can be deployed in fast-growing sectors of Edge Computing and AI: Modern data centers, networks (5G), autonomous vehicles, healthcare equipment, industry 4.0, drones and robots… Kalray’s offering includes processors, system boards and a software suite, for a broad spectrum of customers such as data storage systems and compute server manufacturers, intelligent system integrators and consumer product manufacturers such as car makers. Founded in 2008 as a spin-off of CEA French lab, Kalray counts among its investors: Alliance Venture (Renault-Nissan-Mitsubishi), Safran, NXP Semiconductors, CEA and Bpifrance.
To support our growth, we are recruiting an Embedded Application Engineer for our Compute Business Line.
Compute Business Line is working on cutting-edge markets, such as Autonomous Vehicle, Smart Vision, AI, Edge Computing. Within this Business Line, you will integrate the Applications & FAE team, in charge of supporting tasks related to pre-sales activities (demonstration, prototyping, benchmarking) and customer evaluation support, and you will be the main interface to understand, address, and track customer’s technical developments.
You will be more especially in charge of:
- Interacting directly with customers to support their evaluations of Kalray technology and their initial prototyping and developments
- Developing demos and prototypes leveraging Kalray solution strength
- Evaluating new solutions and algorithms, including new neural networks architectures
- Benchmarking Kalray solutions vs. competition
- Optimizing specific code to highlight Kalray solution strength
You are passionate about embedded systems software development and environment. You can develop a proof of concept in record time and you are capable to efficiently transform it into a product-grade solution.
- 3+ years of experience in a similar position
- 5+ years of embedded software applications development, debug and optimization
- Good knowledge of Linux environment
- Good knowledge of multicore solutions paradigms (Pthread and/or OpenCL/Cuda)
- Customer support ability
- Knowledge of computer vision libs (OpenCV, OpenVX) and machine learning technology (TensorFlow, Caffe) would be a plus
- Knowledge of application middleware (e.g. ROS) and communication layers (TCP/UDP, DDS) would be a plus
- Graduate engineer or equivalent
- Comfortable in building trustful relationship with customer
- Fluent in technical English
- Able to work as a team
Starting date: As soon as possible
Type of contract: Permanent / full-time
Location: Montbonnot (Grenoble area – France)