Kalray is one of the most promising and innovative French Deep Tech companies. A spin-off of CEA French lab, one of Europe’s most prestigious research laboratories, Kalray is a fabless semiconductor company pioneering a new generation of processors specialized in intelligent data processing. Kalray is targeting the fast growing Cloud, Edge Computing and AI markets, such as modern data centers, 5G networks, autonomous vehicles, healthcare equipment, industry 4.0, drones and robots …
Kalray is a fast-growing company with more than 100 employees in Grenoble and Sophia-Antipolis in France, offices in California and Japan, and a number of leading investors such as the Alliance Venture (Renault-Nissan-Mitsubishi), Safran, NXP Semiconductors, the CEA and Bpifrance. Kalray is also listed on Euronext Growth (FR0010722819 – ALKAL).
Kalray is first and foremost a team of passionate, enthusiastic and supportive people, who put excellence and collaboration at the heart of their daily work. Whether you are an expert in your field or a recent graduate, you will find your place and blossom in Kalray’ agile and dynamic environment, where you will be able to fully express your talent and contribute to the company’s success.
On the agenda: exciting challenges with friendly and collaborative ambience, within an office set amongst panoramic mountains and vibrant nature… and much more!
To support our growth, we are recruiting a Senior Software Developer for our Data Center Business Unit. Join the adventure!
If you are familiar with C programming, blindfolded raw debugging and embedded Linux programming, then you have the technical skills we are looking for. In addition, if you are rigorous, able to work in a team and nurture good relationships, then you have the personal skills we are seeking.
You will be working on Kalray’s Data Center solutions, including Storage and Networking applications running on Kalray processor family.
You will be in charge of:
- Next-generation chip code porting
- Deep firmware programming
- Runtime programming
- Optimizing and productizing software
- Networking stacks implementation and optimization (TCP/IP, netdev, FD.IO (VPP), …)
- 5+ years of experience in embedded software development
- Strong experience in Linux driver development
- Experience of PCIe / Eth drivers implementation would be a plus
- Advanced C programming
- Very good understanding of distributed computing, multiprocessing, virtual memory subsystem, shared memory architectures, etc.
- Comfortable with Agile environment (git/Jenkins) and Jtag/gdb debug tools
- Fluent in French and technical English
- Graduate engineer or equivalent
- Curious, Autonomous, Rigorous
- Strong teamwork skills
- Comfortable with working at the hardware level
Starting date: As soon as possible
Type of contract: Permanent / full-time
Location: Montbonnot (Grenoble area, France)