Kalray (Euronext Growth Paris – FR0010722819 – ALKAL) is a fabless semiconductor company, pioneer in a new generation of processors for intelligent systems. MPPA® Intelligent processors are able to capture and analyze on the fly massive data flows, close to where they are generated, and interact in real time with the outside world. These processors are capable of running demanding AI algorithms and simultaneously a wide set of different processing and control tasks such as mathematical algorithms, signal processing, network or storage software stacks. Kalray’s Intelligent Processors can be deployed in fast-growing sectors of Edge Computing and AI: Modern data centers, networks (5G), autonomous vehicles, healthcare equipment, industry 4.0, drones and robots… Kalray’s offering includes processors, system boards and a software suite, for a broad spectrum of customers such as data storage systems and compute server manufacturers, intelligent system integrators and consumer product manufacturers such as car makers. Founded in 2008 as a spin-off of CEA French lab, Kalray counts among its investors: Alliance Venture (Renault-Nissan-Mitsubishi), Safran, NXP Semiconductors, CEA and Bpifrance.
To support our growth, we are recruiting a Senior Software Developer for our Data Center Business Unit.
If you are familiar with C programming, blindfolded raw debugging and embedded Linux programming, then you have the technical skills we are looking for. In addition, if you are rigorous, able to work in a team and nurture good relationships, then you have the personal skills we are seeking.
You will be working on Kalray’s Data Center solutions, including Storage and Networking applications running on Kalray processor family.
You will be in charge of:
- Next-generation chip code porting
- Deep firmware programming
- Runtime programming
- Optimizing and productizing software
- Networking stacks implementation and optimization (TCP/IP, netdev, FD.IO (VPP), …)
- 5+ years of experience in embedded software development
- Strong experience in Linux driver development
- Experience of PCIe / Eth drivers implementation would be a plus
- Advanced C programming
- Very good understanding of distributed computing, multiprocessing, virtual memory subsystem, shared memory architectures, etc.
- Comfortable with Agile environment (git/Jenkins) and Jtag/gdb debug tools
- Fluent in French and technical English
- Graduate engineer or equivalent
- Curious, Autonomous, Rigorous
- Strong teamwork skills
- Comfortable with working at the hardware level
Starting date: As soon as possible
Type of contract: Permanent / full-time
Location: Montbonnot (Grenoble area, France)