Kalray (Euronext Growth Paris – FR0010722819 – ALKAL) is a fabless semiconductor company, pioneer in a new generation of processors for intelligent systems. MPPA® Intelligent processors are able to capture and analyze on the fly massive data flows, close to where they are generated, and interact in real time with the outside world. These processors are capable of running demanding AI algorithms and simultaneously a wide set of different processing and control tasks such as mathematical algorithms, signal processing, network or storage software stacks. Kalray’s Intelligent Processors can be deployed in fast-growing sectors of Edge Computing and AI: Modern data centers, networks (5G), autonomous vehicles, healthcare equipment, industry 4.0, drones and robots… Kalray’s offering includes processors, system boards and a software suite, for a broad spectrum of customers such as data storage systems and compute server manufacturers, intelligent system integrators and consumer product manufacturers such as car makers. Founded in 2008 as a spin-off of CEA French lab, Kalray counts among its investors: Alliance Venture (Renault-Nissan-Mitsubishi), Safran, NXP Semiconductors, CEA and Bpifrance.
To support our growth, we are recruiting a Networking Software Architect for our Data Center Business Line.
As part of Kalray’s DataCenter Software team, you will be a key contributor to the software architecture of Kalray’s SmartNIC roadmap. This architecture will imply the study of embedded software running of Kalray’s card (packet processing: Ethernet, IPv4, IPv6, VxLAN, IPsec, NAT, etc) but also the network device driver(s) provided to customers for various OSes (Linux kernel netdev, virtio-net driver, DPDK PDM…).
- 10+ year of experience in embedded software development (Linux / RTOS) on networking oriented products (routers, switches, network processors, home gateways …), and network device drivers (mainly Linux, but also VMware, Windows…)
- System Architecture: data flows analysis and dimensioning, memory footprint analysis…
- Processors Architecture : Caches (L1/L2), prefetch, MMU, cache coherency …
- Knowledge of I/Os virtualization technologies (virtio, SR-IOV, vDPA …)
- Knowledge of networking acceleration technologies such as DPDK, VPP, XDP
- Knowledge of Clos topology and various overlays (VxLAN, MPLS, GRE, SRv6)
- Knowledge of network security technologies such as IPsec/TLS
- Knowledge of network Quality of Services technologies (traffic shaping/policing, DWRR, WRED …)
- Experience of advanced network device drivers development on several OSes (multi-queues, SR-IOV, kTLS, various offloads)
- Graduate Engineer or equivalent
- Curious, ability to perform a daily technological watch
- Fluent French, technical english
- Strong teamwork skills
Starting date: As soon as possible
Type of contract: Permanent / full-time
Location: Montbonnot (Grenoble area – France) or Sophia-Antipolis (France)