Kalray is the pioneer in processors for new intelligent systems. As a real technological breakthrough, our processors will be deployed extensively in fast-growing sectors, such as new-generation networks (intelligent data centers) and autonomous vehicles, as well as healthcare equipment, drones, and robots. Kalray’s offering encompasses both processors and complete solutions (electronic boards and software). Created in 2008 as a spin-off of CEA (“Commissariat à l’énergie atomique et aux énergies alternatives”, the French Alternative Energies and Atomic Energy Commission), Kalray serves customers such as server manufacturers, intelligent system integrators, and consumer product manufacturers, including car makers.
To support our growth, we are looking for a Senior Software Developer for our Data Center Business Unit.
If you are familiar with C programming, blindfolded raw debugging and embedded Linux programming, then you have the technical skills we are looking for. In addition, if you are rigorous, able to work in a team and nurture good relationships, then you have the personal skills we are seeking.
You will be working on Kalray’s Data Center solutions, including Storage and Networking applications running on Kalray processor family.
You will be in charge of:
- Next-generation chip code porting,
- Deep firmware programming
- Runtime programming
- Optimizing and productizing software
- Networking stacks implementation and optimization (TCP/IP, netdev, FD.IO (VPP), …)
- 5+ years of experience in embedded software development
- Advanced C programming
- Very good understanding of distributed computing, multiprocessing, virtual memory subsystem, shared memory architectures, etc.
- Experience in Linux driver development
- Experience of PCIe / Eth drivers implementation would be a plus
- Comfortable with Agile environment (git/Jenkins) and Jtag/gdb debug tools
- Graduate engineer or equivalent
- Technical English
- Strong teamwork skills
- Comfortable with working at the hardware level
Type of contract: Permanent /full-time
Location: Montbonnot (Grenoble area, France)