Kalray (Euronext Growth Paris – FR0010722819 – ALKAL) is a fabless semiconductor company, pioneer in a new generation of processors for intelligent systems. MPPA® Intelligent processors are able to capture and analyze on the fly massive data flows, close to where they are generated, and interact in real time with the outside world. These processors are capable of running demanding AI algorithms and simultaneously a wide set of different processing and control tasks such as mathematical algorithms, signal processing, network or storage software stacks. Kalray’s Intelligent Processors can be deployed in fast-growing sectors of Edge Computing and AI: Modern data centers, networks (5G), autonomous vehicles, healthcare equipment, industry 4.0, drones and robots… Kalray’s offering includes processors, system boards and a software suite, for a broad spectrum of customers such as data storage systems and compute server manufacturers, intelligent system integrators and consumer product manufacturers such as car makers.
To support our growth, we are looking for a Senior Field Application Engineer to support our Data Center activities.
Provide pre-sales and post-sales technical support for customer engagements with Kalray’s products and solutions, with a focus on data center applications:
- Focus on the integration of Kalray’s solutions (processor, boards, software, tools) into various customer applications and data center systems.
- Support sales team for technical discussions with customer engineering teams
- Contribute to the technical part of RFPs, RFQs and RFIs
- Assist customers & partners in bringing up and using Kalray’s solutions or development kits
- Contribute to develop specific demonstration software, in collaboration with the R&D team
- Represent Kalray in industry events, consortiums or standard groups
- 20-30% travel required (mostly domestic)
- 5+ years of experience in developing or integrating data center systems with strong hands-on software experience using Linux, C, C++, and Python programming
- 2+ years of experience as FAE or post sales engineer with customer-facing experience.
- Superior knowledge of the technical challenges and solutions for data centers.
- Deep understanding of the architecture, design and implementations for storage and network systems, Linux, virtualization environments such as VMware, KVM, Nutanix, Kubernetes, containers.
- Knowledge of data center storage appliance architectures and related protocols and standards (FC, iSCSI, NAS, OSD, SAN, NVMe, NVMe-oF) and storage and networking infrastructures (OpenStack, Kubernetes, SDN/NFV…)
- Understanding of chip architecture, AI / ML, distributed computing, multiprocessing, multi-threading
- Excellent verbal and written interpersonal skills in French and English
- We are looking for candidates with a high sense for values, team spirit and result driven attitude, which are foundational core values at Kalray.
Starting date: As soon as possible
Type of contract: Permanent /full-time
Location: Grenoble area is preferred but we are flexible depending on the candidate profile