Kalray (Euronext Growth Paris – FR0010722819 – ALKAL) is a fabless semiconductor company, pioneer in a new generation of processors for intelligent systems. MPPA® Intelligent processors are able to capture and analyze on the fly massive data flows, close to where they are generated, and interact in real time with the outside world. These processors are capable of running demanding AI algorithms and simultaneously a wide set of different processing and control tasks such as mathematical algorithms, signal processing, network or storage software stacks. Kalray’s Intelligent Processors can be deployed in fast-growing sectors of Edge Computing and AI: Modern data centers, networks (5G), autonomous vehicles, healthcare equipment, industry 4.0, drones and robots… Kalray’s offering includes processors, system boards and a software suite, for a broad spectrum of customers such as data storage systems and compute server manufacturers, intelligent system integrators and consumer product manufacturers such as car makers. Founded in 2008 as a spin-off of CEA French lab, Kalray counts among its investors: Alliance Venture (Renault-Nissan-Mitsubishi), Safran, NXP Semiconductors, CEA and Bpifrance.
To support our growth, we are recruiting an Embedded Systems Software Engineer for our Compute team.
You will integrate the development team of the Compute Business Line, in charge of porting frameworks, developing new applications and algorithms running on our processor in domains such as machine learning, computer vision, image recognition, … You will interact with our Field Application Engineers to define the solutions for customers and you will work as a team with other developers to implement it. You will consolidate and maintain documented application benchmarks.
You are passionate about embedded systems software development. You can develop a Proof of Concept in record time and you are capable to efficiently transform it into a product-grade solution. You have the ability to rapidly architect an embedded real-time solution. You have notions of Computer Vision and Machine Learning implementation.
- 4+ years of embedded software applications development, debug, deployment (including drivers development)
- Superior knowledge of RTOS-based software systems and/or Embedded Linux
- Comfortable with parallel paradigms (notions of pthread and/or OpenCL/Cuda)
- Experience in optimizing algorithms for different processor architectures
- Agile methodology, Git, continuous integration, test driven development
- Knowledge of Computer Vision libs (OpenCV, OpenVX) and Machine learning technology (TensorFlow, Caffe) would be a plus
- Fluent in technical English
- Graduate engineer or equivalent
- Good team player
Starting date: As soon as possible
Type of contract: Permanent / full-time
Location: Montbonnot (Grenoble area, France)