Want to work in one of the most innovative high-tech French companies?
Want to join a young, dynamic and talented team in a fast-growing scale-up?
Kalray is the pioneer in processors for new intelligent systems. As a real technological discontinuity, “intelligent” processors have the capability to analyze on the fly and in an intelligent manner, a very large amount of information, and to make decisions and interact in real time with the outside world. These intelligent processors will be deployed extensively in fast-growing sectors such as new-generation networks (intelligent data centers) and autonomous vehicles, as well as healthcare equipment, drones and robots. Kalray’s offering encompasses both processors and complete solutions (electronic boards and software).
We are looking for a Senior Application Engineer to support our customer engagements in China, with an initial focus on automotive and embedded systems.
Provide pre-sales and post-sales technical support for China-based customer engagements with Kalray MPPA processors, with a primary focus on Embedded Applications:
- Focus on the integration of Kalray’s solutions (processor, boards, software, tools) into various customer applications and embedded systems.
- Support the China sales team for technical discussions with customer engineering teams
- Contribute to the technical portions of RFPs, RFQs and RFIs
- Assist customers & partners in bringing up and using Kalray’s solutions or development kits
- Contribute to develop specific demonstration software, in collaboration with the R&D team
- Represent Kalray when/where appropriate in industry events, consortiums or standard groups in China.
20-30% travel required (mostly domestic)
Regular training periods in France and remotely, by leading edge engineering teams.
Skills & Experience:
- 10+years of experience in developing or integrating embedded systems using multi-core processors, in the automotive or industrial market, with strong hands-on software experience.
- 5+years of experience as FAE and/or board-level application engineer, preferably with customer-facing experienc
- Recent hands-on development experience using Linux, C programming, RTOS, OpenMP, OpenCL, and high-performance userspac
- Superior knowledge of the technical challenges and solutions for advanced embedded applications such as autonomous cars, AI-based embedded systems or edge appliances.
- Deep understanding of the architecture, design and implementations of high computing automotive or industrial embedded systems. Knowledge of Autosar, Baidu Apollo framework or similar environment is valuable.
- Understanding of AI / Machine Learning, distributed computing, multiprocessing, multi-threading, integrity/availability trade-offs, shared memory architectures, cache architectures, interfaces and protocols such as PCIe, Ethernet, Mipi,….
- Understanding of manycore/multicore chip architecture
- Excellent verbal and written interpersonal skills in Chinese and in English
- BS in EE or other technical degree and/or equivalent experience
- Be the technical lead and industry expert in the region, growing and leading the China FAE/Application team
- Expand responsibilities to the Data Center, Networking and Telecom markets
- Be part of the architecture team defining the next generation of Kalray product
Type of contract: Permanent /full-time
Location: China – Beijing (preferred) or Shanghai