Want to work in one of the most innovative high-tech French companies?
Want to join a young, dynamic and talented team in a fast-growing scale-up?
Kalray is the pioneer in processors for new intelligent systems. As a real technological discontinuity, “intelligent” processors have the capability to analyze on the fly and in an intelligent manner, a very large amount of information, and to make decisions and interact in real time with the outside world. These intelligent processors will be deployed extensively in fast-growing sectors such as new-generation networks (intelligent data centers) and autonomous vehicles, as well as healthcare equipment, drones and robots. Kalray’s offering encompasses both processors and complete solutions (electronic boards and software).
We are looking for Senior Application Engineers to support our customer engagements, with experience in applications using hardware acceleration, DSP or/and AI, whether in embedded systems (automotive / industrial) or infrastructure systems (Data Centers / Telecom / Networking).
Provide pre-sales and post-sales technical support for customer engagements with Kalray MPPA processors, with a primary focus on Embedded and Edge Applications:
- Focus on the integration of Kalray’s solutions (processor, boards, software, tools) into various customer applications and embedded systems.
- Support sales team for technical discussions with customers
- Contribute to the technical portions of RFPs, RFQs/RFIs and proposals to customers in general
- Assist customers & partners in bringing up and using Kalray’s solutions or development kits
- Contribute to develop specific demonstration software, in collaboration with the R&D team
- Represent Kalray in industry events, consortiums or standard groups
20-30% travel required (mostly within Europe)
Regular training periods in France and remotely, by leading edge engineering teams.
Skills & Experience
- 10+years of experience in developing or integrating various processor-based systems with constraints of memory, power or space, with strong hands-on software experience. Use of multi-core processors, GPUs or DSPs in the automotive or industrial/enterprise market.
- 5+years of experience as FAE and/or board-level application engineer, with customer-facing experienc
- Recent hands-on development experience using Linux, C programming, RTOS, OpenMP, OpenCL, and high-performance userspac
- Superior knowledge of the technical challenges and solutions for advanced algorithmic and/or AI-based embedded applications such as autonomous cars, industrial systems or edge appliances.
- Deep understanding of the architecture, design and implementations challenges of high performance computing in constrained systems such as automotive or industrial embedded systems. Knowledge of Autosar, Baidu Apollo framework or similar environment is valuable.
- Understanding of AI / Machine Learning, distributed computing, multiprocessing, multi-threading
- Knowledge of data transmission / movement protocols and standards (FC, iSCSI, NAS, OSD, SAN, NVMe, NVMe-oF, OpenStack, Kubernetes, SDN/NFV…) is valuable.
- Understanding of manycore/multicore chip architecture
- Excellent verbal and written interpersonal skills
- Fluent in English language
- BS in EE or other technical degree and/or equivalent experience
- Expand responsibilities to Networking and Telecom markets
- Contribute to define the architecture of the next generation of Kalray product
Type of contract: Permanent /full-time or contractor
Locations : Europe, preferably France; UK; Germany; Belgium: Switzerland; Italy