Want to work in one of the most innovative high-tech French companies?
Want to join a young, dynamic and talented team in a fast-growing scale-up?
Kalray is the pioneer in processors for new intelligent systems. As a real technological discontinuity, “intelligent” processors have the capability to analyze on the fly and in an intelligent manner, a very large amount of information, and to make decisions and interact in real time with the outside world. These intelligent processors will be deployed extensively in fast-growing sectors such as new-generation networks (intelligent data centers) and autonomous vehicles, as well as healthcare equipment, drones and robots. Kalray’s offering encompasses both processors and complete solutions (electronic boards and software).
We are looking for Senior Application Engineers to support our customer engagements, with experience in applications using hardware acceleration, DSP or/and AI, whether in embedded systems (automotive / industrial) or infrastructure systems (Data Centers / Telecom / Networking).
Provide pre-sales and post-sales technical support for customer engagements with Kalray MPPA processors, with a primary focus on Storage and Infrastructure Applications:
- Focus on the integration of Kalray’s solutions (processor, boards, software, tools) into various customer applications and systems.
- Support sales team for technical discussions with customers
- Contribute to the technical portions of RFPs, RFQs/RFIs and proposals to customers in general
- Assist customers & partners in bringing up and using Kalray’s solutions or development kits
- Contribute to develop specific demonstration software, in collaboration with the R&D team
- Represent Kalray in industry events, consortiums or standard groups
20-30% travel required (mostly within Europe)
Regular training periods in France and remotely, by leading edge engineering teams.
Skills & Experience
- 10+years of experience in developing or integrating Data Center appliance architectures using related protocols and standards (FC, iSCSI, NAS, OSD, SAN, NVMe, NVMe-oF) and Storage/Networking infrastructures (OpenStack, Kubernetes, SDN/NFV…), using multi-core processors, FPGA or ASICs, with strong hands-on software experience
- 5+years of experience as FAE and/or board-level application engineer, preferably with customer-facing experienc
- Recent hands-on development experience using Linux, C programming, OpenCL and high-performance userspac
- Superior knowledge of the technical challenges and solutions for advanced storage applications such as storage disaggregation, computational storage, TLS, RAID/Erasure coding, Object-Store & KVS, AI-based systems or edge appliances,…..
- Understanding of the architecture, design and implementation challenges of the various Storage and Compute systems in various infrastructure (Data Centers, Edge appliances; CDN,….)
- Understanding of AI / Machine Learning, distributed computing, multiprocessing, multi-threading
- Understanding of manycore/multicore chip architecture
- Excellent verbal and written interpersonal skills
- Fluent in English language
- BS in EE or other technical degree and/or equivalent experience
- Expand responsibilities to the embedded markets
- Contribute to define the architecture of the next generation of Kalray product
Type of contract: Permanent /full-time or contractor
Locations : USA
Preferably Los Altos – CA
Possible in the Denver area (Colorado) or the Austin area (Texas) with remote access to lab.