Kalray is one of the most promising and innovative French Deep Tech companies. A spin-off of CEA French lab, one of Europe’s most prestigious research laboratories, Kalray is a fabless semiconductor company pioneering a new generation of processors specialized in intelligent data processing. Kalray is targeting the fast growing Cloud, Edge Computing and AI markets, such as modern data centers, 5G networks, autonomous vehicles, healthcare equipment, industry 4.0, drones and robots …
Kalray is a fast-growing company with more than 100 employees in Grenoble and Sophia-Antipolis in France, offices in California and Japan, and a number of leading investors such as the Alliance Venture (Renault-Nissan-Mitsubishi), Safran, NXP Semiconductors, the CEA and Bpifrance. Kalray is also listed on Euronext Growth (FR0010722819 – ALKAL).
Kalray is first and foremost a team of passionate, enthusiastic and supportive people, who put excellence and collaboration at the heart of their daily work. Whether you are an expert in your field or a recent graduate, you will find your place and blossom in Kalray’ agile and dynamic environment, where you will be able to fully express your talent and contribute to the company’s success.
On the agenda: exciting challenges with friendly and collaborative ambience, within an office set amongst panoramic mountains and vibrant nature… and much more!
To support our growth, we are recruiting a Linux Embedded Developer for our Boards & System Team. Join the adventure!
You will join our Boards & Systems team, in charge of:
- MPPA Bootchain (secure boot, FSBL, barebox)
- Linux porting on MPPA
- Drivers for the following peripherals: UART, SPI NOR, eMMC, USB, I2C, SMBUS
- Board Support Packages
- Stm32 firmware for the stm32 that manages the MPPA boot sequence and debug
As a member of this team, your role will be to participate to the development of the base components running on the MPPA SoCs : Barebox (bootloader), Linux kernel porting, Linux driver development, Linux user space support including libc/libC++. The goal is to provide rock solid software building blocks for Kalray Business Lines to base their products on.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Developing and debugging Linux kernel drivers for MPPA SoCs
- Developing and debugging various arch-specific parts of libc and Linux kernel for KVX cpu core.
- Developing and debugging various Linux user space tools
- Developing, maintaining and debugging KVX port of Barebox, uClibc-ng and buildroot support
- Making sure Linux CI is green and test the needed features
- Properly document developments
- Follow upstream changes, rebase our local versions onto upstream and contribute our changes/fixes to generic code
- Upstreaming of some of our KVX ports
- Give MPPA Linux support to business units and clients
- 5+ years of experience in a similar position
- Embedded Linux knowledge
- Linux kernel development
- Significant experience in C programming and debugging skills
- Good skills with git, make and gdb
- Fluent French / Technical English
- Knowledge of Yocto, Buildroot, uClibc-ng (or any other libc) and Barebox would be a plus
- Graduate Engineer or equivalent
- Strong teamwork skills
Starting date: As soon as possible
Type of contract: Permanent / full-time
Location: Montbonnot (Grenoble area – France), Sophia-Antipolis (France), possibility for remote working
Annual salary: Between 45.000 € and 65.000 € (depending on profile and experience)