Kalray is one of the most promising and innovative French Deep Tech companies. A spin-off of CEA French lab, one of Europe’s most prestigious research laboratories, Kalray is a fabless semiconductor company pioneering a new generation of processors specialized in intelligent data processing. Kalray is targeting the fast growing Cloud, Edge Computing and AI markets, such as modern data centers, 5G networks, autonomous vehicles, healthcare equipment, industry 4.0, drones and robots …
Kalray is a fast-growing company with more than 100 employees in Grenoble and Sophia-Antipolis in France, offices in California and Japan, and a number of leading investors such as the Alliance Venture (Renault-Nissan-Mitsubishi), Safran, NXP Semiconductors, the CEA and Bpifrance. Kalray is also listed on Euronext Growth (FR0010722819 – ALKAL).
Kalray is first and foremost a team of passionate, enthusiastic and supportive people, who put excellence and collaboration at the heart of their daily work. Whether you are an expert in your field or a recent graduate, you will find your place and blossom in Kalray’ agile and dynamic environment, where you will be able to fully express your talent and contribute to the company’s success.
On the agenda: exciting challenges with friendly and collaborative ambience, within an office set amongst panoramic mountains and vibrant nature… and much more!
To support our growth, we are recruiting a Security Software Engineer for Boards & Systems Software team. Join the adventure!
You will join the Boards & Systems Software team, in charge of developing the low-level embedded software for the Kalray solution. Its design ranges from the secure boot chain to the deployment of rich OS such as Linux, including software used for hardware bring-up, production tests of boards and systems. You will interact regularly with the board design and SoC design teams.
Within this team, you will be responsible for the Security part and will set up a secure software stack (Secure Boot, Trusted Execution Environment, etc.) on Kalray solutions.
Your main missions will be:
- Participation to the architecture’s definition for the cybersecurity functions of the new generations of platforms based on Kalray MPPA processors (Automobile, Data-Center, Edge Computing)
- Interaction with customers to define a roadmap for cybersecurity functions depending on their needs
- Writing of technical documents related to cybersecurity functions
- Technical lead of a team (2-3 people) in charge of developing the cybersecurity functions (Secure Boot, TEE, Secure Debug, etc.)
- Active participation in the Agile development lifecycle (C development, static and dynamic analysis, code review, continuous integration, etc.)
- 5+ years of experience in embedded software development related to cybersecurity
- Experience in debug (JTAG/GDB)
- Experience in software development for manycore platforms
- Would be a plus: experience with GIT and Jenkins
- Strong C/C++ and Assembly skills
- Strong knowledge in cybersecurity (secure boot, cryptography, …)
- Knowledge in processor’s architecture (RISC, CISC, VLIW, …)
- Linux Environment
- Strong technical redaction skills (English)
- Strong communication skills (French/English)
- Strong teamwork skills
- Graduate Engineer, Master’s degree in embedded software related to cybersecurity or equivalent
- Autonomous and proactive
- Able to innovate and propose the right solutions
Starting date: As soon as possible
Type of contract: Permanent / full-time
Location: Montbonnot (Grenoble area, France)
Annual salary: Between 55.000 € and 65.000 € (depending on profile and experience)