Kalray (Euronext Growth Paris – FR0010722819 – ALKAL) is a fabless semiconductor company, pioneer in a new generation of processors for intelligent systems. MPPA® Intelligent processors are able to capture and analyze on the fly massive data flows, close to where they are generated, and interact in real time with the outside world. These processors are capable of running demanding AI algorithms and simultaneously a wide set of different processing and control tasks such as mathematical algorithms, signal processing, network or storage software stacks. Kalray’s Intelligent Processors can be deployed in fast-growing sectors of Edge Computing and AI: Modern data centers, networks (5G), autonomous vehicles, healthcare equipment, industry 4.0, drones and robots… Kalray’s offering includes processors, system boards and a software suite, for a broad spectrum of customers such as data storage systems and compute server manufacturers, intelligent system integrators and consumer product manufacturers such as car makers.
To support our growth, we are recruiting a junior Field Application Engineer for Chinese customers with Embedded Systems Software Developer skills.
If you are familiar with C/C++ programming and firmware, if you would like to learn more about application field such as Artificial Intelligence, autonomous driving and next generation of data centers, if you have the ability to ramp up in whatever topic is needed, if you have excellent debugging skills, then you have the technical skills we are looking for.
If you are rigorous and able to work as a team member and if you show good relationship, and that your mind set is customer oriented then you have the personal skills we are looking for.
We are looking for candidates able to deliver high quality embedded system level software for various hardware and comfortable with working on the boundaries of hardware and software.
We expect you to work and contribute to multiple projects where your competence will be required, with a focus on Kalray’s Chinese customers. This includes: development of demonstrations on embedded systems based on our processors, developing and debugging embedded software, supporting our customers…
- 1 year+ developing embedded code.
- C/C++ programming (best with some assembly programming notion)
- Comfortable with Linux
- Experience in embedded systems, low level and firmware code development
- Knowledge of these items would be appreciated: FPGA and firmware (ex. NIOS), Linux bootloader (uboot / barebox), Linux bootloader (uboot / barebox), NAND/NOR mass storage (UBI / squashfs / JFFS2), network programming (IP/Ethernet)
- Test methodology on embedded systems
- HW debug tools, Jtag/gdb debug tools, HW traces
- Graduate engineer or equivalent
- Customer oriented mind set
- Fluent English speaker
- Fluent Chinese speaker
- Strong teamwork skills
- Comfortable with working at the hardware level, understanding of electronic board schematics would be a plus
Stating date: as soon as possible
Type of contract: Permanent /full-time
Location: Montbonnot (Grenoble area, France)