Kalray is the pioneer in processors for new intelligent systems. As a real technological breakthrough, our processors will be deployed extensively in fast-growing sectors, such as new-generation networks (intelligent data centers) and autonomous vehicles, as well as healthcare equipment, drones, and robots. Kalray’s offering encompasses both processors and complete solutions (electronic boards and software). Created in 2008 as a spin-off of CEA (“Commissariat à l’énergie atomique et aux énergies alternatives”, the French Alternative Energies and Atomic Energy Commission), Kalray serves customers such as server manufacturers, intelligent system integrators, and consumer product manufacturers, including car makers.
To support our growth, we are recruiting a junior Field Application Engineer for Chinese customers with Embedded Systems Software Developer skills.
If you are familiar with C/C++ programming and firmware, if you would like to learn more about application field such as Artificial Intelligence, autonomous driving and next generation of data centers, if you have the ability to ramp up in whatever topic is needed, if you have excellent debugging skills, then you have the technical skills we are looking for.
If you are rigorous and able to work as a team member and if you show good relationship, and that your mind set is customer oriented then you have the personal skills we are looking for.
We are looking for candidates able to deliver high quality embedded system level software for various hardware and comfortable with working on the boundaries of hardware and software.
We expect you to work and contribute to multiple projects where your competence will be required, with a focus on Kalray’s Chinese customers. This includes: development of demonstrations on embedded systems based on our processors, developing and debugging embedded software, supporting our customers…
- 1 year+ developing embedded code.
- C/C++ programming (best with some assembly programming notion)
- Comfortable with Linux
- Experience in embedded systems, low level and firmware code development
- Knowledge of these items would be appreciated: FPGA and firmware (ex. NIOS), Linux bootloader (uboot / barebox), Linux bootloader (uboot / barebox), NAND/NOR mass storage (UBI / squashfs / JFFS2), network programming (IP/Ethernet)
- Test methodology on embedded systems
- HW debug tools, Jtag/gdb debug tools, HW traces
- Graduate engineer or equivalent
- Customer oriented mind set
- Fluent English speaker
- Fluent Chinese speaker
- Strong teamwork skills
- Comfortable with working at the hardware level, understanding of electronic board schematics would be a plus
Stating date: as soon as possible
Type of contract: Permanent /full-time
Location: Montbonnot (Grenoble area, France)